Sunday, November 17, 2002

There's a U.S. News and World Report story out today chock full of my favorite catnip: stats on at-home parenting. As usual, I have no idea where the come from -- nothing is really cited. Apparently, the number of families with an at-home parent is up to 41.3 percent (2001) from 38.9 (1997). I look forward to tracking down those numbers. They also cite daddy facts: that at-home fathers dropped in the early 1990s (must be Census data -- that's not new to me) and rebounded in 1999 (news to me). And they make the point that in "one of 11 ... it is Ozzie that changes diapers full time." I have no idea where that stat comes from but would love to.

Another note to self: read "I Don't Know How She Does It."

But all in all, a largely gender-neutral look at the at-home phenomenon. It doesn't stall on the mommy wars angle or ignore fathers or miss the economic point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home