Monday, March 10, 2003

Today: threads (but no common threads). There's a slightly strange at-home dad at-home dad profile in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which was once Rebel Dad's hometown paper. It's about a dad with a home-based business who is wrestling with a divorce and making sure his kids come first. It's in the business section, so I think it's designed to a profile of the home-based business, but that leaves me wanting. So does the part about being an at-home dad ("He hired a nanny to help out. She often called in sick, so Handley would have to put down his work to tend to the kids."

I give the guy all the credit in the world for being there for his kids, and I wish him the best of luck. I just wish I learned more about at-home parenting (like how you start, how it makes you feel). I didn't get that.

Politics update: there's a Fort Lauderdale at-home dad named Carl Lanke running for a City Commission seat. ("I have five major issues: reducing the city's millage rate, championing more resources for Miramar schools, making local government more efficient, revising the city's charter to better reflect the city today and instituting term limits for elected city officials."

And a research update: British researchers say women want to keep traditional work-family roles. I don't buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home