Tuesday, September 30, 2003

A truce of sorts has broken out between my blogging provider and my the host of rebeldad.com, so I can again post. Yesterday, I threw up a dated post that had long been held hostage by the dispute, and I'll begin blogging again in earnest now. (Well, sort of earnest. As I mentioned, October looks to be a wee bit busy.)

And though some news has built up while I've been struggling with the finer points of FTP, I'll get to that later. Now, I'd like to celebrate the nice folks at the J.M. Smucker Co. for their new Jif ad campaign. I was tuned into the Today show this morning when I caught a warm, fuzzy peanut butter commerical with a dad making sandwiches with his daughter. I'm a sucker for sweet commercials featuring men fathering. Then, the ages-old Jif tagline begins: "Choosy Moms" -- pregnant pause -- "and Dads Choose Jif."

Dads buying peanut butter? Interacting with their children? It's not the kind of thing I see on TV, especially not from the Madison Avenue ad types, very often. So now I have a new brand of peanut butter. And I need to send J.M. Smucker Co. a note of congratualations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home