Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Free (but well-deserved) P.R.: Tim Nabors from the Cincinnati dads group and Bill Beagle from the Dayton group appeared on their local NPR talk program last week. It's a good, probing interview.

I happen to love radio when it comes to the subject of at-home dads. Getting fathers to talk, uninterrupted and in their own words, gives a wonderful perspective on who we are and what we do. TV tends to be superficial and print, despite the potential for depth, just can give the same voice.

So give these guys a listen. The Cincinnati group is one of the largest and most active in the country and the Dayton group, as far as I know, has more fun than any other SAHD group on the face of the Earth.

Note to other dads out there: if you get yourself out in the media, please let me know. I hate to let anything slip through the cracks.

Also: I've been contacted by a reporter looking for stories of men who have taken paternity leave (especially FMLA leave). If you're interested, please post (with e-mail) to the comments here or e-mail me directly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home