Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And Now I Wash My Hands of This

I am intentionally slow in informing you that Lindsay Ferrier, who enjoys making fun of huge swaths of parenthood (including, recently, at-home dads) in her an attention-seeking column in the Nashville alt-weekly, reported on her co-ed playgroup with the at-home dads. Not surprisingly, it was awkward and forced for everybody, which has less to do with the gender of the parents involved and more to do with the fact that making new connections is generally tricky. Add the stunt aspect to the whole thing, and I don't think you'll be surprised at the results.

There's always a silver lining: I hear the Nashville dads group got a bit of attention (and a few new members) out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home