Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A New York State of Mind

One of the biggest puzzles of the at-home dad community was that there wasn't any in New York City. For the longest time -- despite the fact that the place is overrun with them (I've been to Park Slope. I've seen it with my own eyes) -- I've looked for formal dad groups in the five boroughs and come up short. That doesn't mean there aren't dozens of informal groups all over the place, but it did mean that no one was really turning to the Internet to find like-minded fathers.

That's changing now, and Crain's New York Business has done a nice job of capturing the newest group (click the link now; I have no idea how much longer it will be good). There is going to be a lot more journalism about the new crop of at-home dads; I hope it will be half as sweet as the Crain's piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home