Friday, November 22, 2002

Tomorrow, I leave for the vistas of Des Plaines, Illinois, site of the Annual Stay-at-Home Dad Convention, so fatherhood has been much on my mind. I also realize that I will have to write about this in one way or another for my local paper, adding a certain amount of pressure. I can't imagine that an event like this would be colorless and drab (I cover regulatory agencies in my spare time, after all, and can make them colorful), but I still have sweaty palms. What if everyone is boring? What if I'm boring?

Regardless, I've started prepping. I'm still working through Fatherneed, and I should tear through the at-home dad chapter before I get to O'Hare tomorrow. Interestingly, I received two papers in the mail by an Iowa sociologist named Jennifer Glass on father care. I'm halfway through the second one, and I need to go back over what I've read with my stats books open to make sure I got all the points ...

... DW just arrived home. More brainstorming to come ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home