Wednesday, February 19, 2003

I worry less about the big cities when it comes to making more men into Rebel Dads and think more about the smaller towns throughout the country. I happen to live in an area where there is a wonderful and large at-home dad network, and I am never at a loss for a dad-run playgroup or another RD to grab a beer with. I have the support system. And I know I'm lucky.

So I read with glee a small-town paper report of a new at-home dad's decision. It was obviously a good thing that the gentleman, Bill Elton of Columbus, Nebraska, make the choice, and it was nice to see that decision met with positive prose. ("Bill sees it as a great opportunity to bond with his children, and thinks more dads would follow the same path if they could.") Perhaps Bill will start a new Columbus, Nebraska trend. We can but hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home