Thursday, July 24, 2003

My best explanation for the lull in at-home dad writings is that everyone is fixated on the Tour de France. (With Lance in one of his closest races ever, Jan playing the gentleman and Tyler showing what true grit is all about, I won't blame the media for any dropoff in non-cycling news.)

Still, there has been a story kicking around this week, reprinted a couple places including here. It focuses on the struggles of the newly laid off and details the transition of one dad into an at-home father. It's clear that the transition is not easy, for a number of reasons. I admire the family featured for tackling the struggle head-on, even as it causes tension. And how can you go wrong with story that ends with this quote: "'I call it the mixed blessing because I have loved nothing more than being home with my kids. Maybe 10 years from now I'll call it 'The Blessing.''"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home