Sunday, October 05, 2003

It's going to a slow month here at RD central, so please bear with me. The first bit worth linking to is this "Annie's Mailbox" from Friday (Annie's Mailbox is sort of the the reincarnation of Ann Landers). The topic: an at-home dad shunned by his teenage daughter's friends (and parents) because of suspicions that he might be a creep, so to speak. This caught my eye, actually, for its rarity: I hear all the time about male teachers, scout leaders, etc., etc., who worry that they'll be looked upon as predators because they choose to work with kids. But I can't think of another example of dads reporting the same kind of discomfort. Are dads (generally) more immune to that sort of stereotype?

Secondly, since when has one of Luciano Pavarotti's titles been at-home dad? Heck, I'll welcome him to the club ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home