Friday, January 30, 2004

So I complained last week that the fathering resources out there didn't get me revved up, but I signed up for the weekly memo from the National Center for Fathering, the K.C.-based organization run by Ken Canfield. I received my first one today, and I really enjoyed it. (You can sign up here.)

The lead item was a piece about Seattle Mariners reliever Kazuhiro Sasaki, who is getting out of the game and heading home to be with his family. This is a trend I can get with. Beckham has become quite the family man. Now, half a world away, Sasaki is choosing family over ball. Roger Clemens, remember, also retired to spend more time with his kids. Then he unretired. But we don't like Roger much, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home