Tuesday, November 15, 2005

First, convention stuff: I plan on keeping open for one more day the voting on the time/location question. I'll break any ties. (And yes, there are black bumper stickers for those who have signed up. Haven't seen 'em yet, though, so I can't vouch for their coolness. But they'll be free.)

Also: UPDATE: Dr. Pruett has reconsidered. There *will* (technology willing) be a podcast of the keynote. ... I'm still considering putting up a Flickr feed (in some cases updated in real time), and I will (of course) be blogging everything.

Second: Work-life balance. The Washington Post yesterday ran one of the more interesting pieces I've see on the working vs at-home dichotomy. The author, a lawyer named Lynn R. Charytan, makes the argument that staying home (or working) doesn't make you a different parent. Staying home won't change your level of patience or the value of time. As someone who has straddled the line, it rang true, and it is certainly a different take on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home