Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Face/Off

It's all well and good to sit back from the safe space of a blog and snipe at the suggestions/anecdotes/advice dispensed elsewhere in the media. It's quite another to join that fray, which I have been invited to do.

The Washington Post has scheduled a "Live Discussion" with frequent target Leslie Morgan Steiner and I on Thursday, 1 p.m. The live discussion format is driven almost entirely by reader questions.

I'm excited about the prospect, and I'm curious to see how Leslie and I differ in this forum. Obviously, we live in different worlds when it comes to gender roles, but I'm pretty sure that she's just as dedicated to the ideals of the flexible workplace as I am. So it should be interesting to see how this shakes out. Maybe we'll get some fun questions about whether dads are utterly useless, or maybe it'll all be reader testimonials about their choices. Either way, should be interesting. The fun starts at 1 p.m., but the transcript will be archived for posterity.

incidentally, this is my second Live Discussion. Once upon a time, I was part of an group of "experts" on local golf. So I can be the stereotypical dad, sneaking away with my clubs on the weekend.

Additional Props for the Post: The Washington Post profiled one of my favorite local haunts this weekend as part of a piece on free Wi-Fi. As part of the profile, they define the crowd: "Young families, stay-at-home moms and dads, local business people and retirees." (ital mine). Nice to see the "and dads" in there ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home