Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Caregiver Discrimination

I'm now a tad late with this, but you really ought to read (if you haven't already) the New York Times Magazine piece from a week ago on the emerging law on caregiver discrimination, which not only profiles pretty extensively Rebeldad's second-favorite law professor in the world (Joan Williams), but also gives an elegant overview of where this particular hunk of law comes from and how it's changing the workforce.

A couple of stats jumped out at me. the first was how frequently plaintiffs prevail in this kind of suit (STAT), and the second is that 20 percent of caregiver discrimination suits are filed by men. That's higher than I would have expected, and I'm curious what, exactly, that reflects. Makes me wonder if a lot of men aren't getting fed up with being penalized for not being (and Joan Williams likes to say) “ideal workers” ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home