Thursday, October 18, 2007

Changing the World Goes Corporate

The first at-home dad slogan I fell in love with was "men who change diapers change the world." I first heard it from Peter Baylies, who stuck it all over his groundbreaking At-Home Dad Newsletter, and got myself a shirt with the phrase on it. I received so many comments on the shirt that it prompted me to set up my little-used CafePress shop.

As it turns out, the folks at MenTeach were actually the originators of the slogan, and the Northern Sun people -- who do nothing but churn out clever bumper stickers and T-shirts and worked down the street -- picked up on it, too.

The phrase has now gone corporate. Babies R Us would be happy to sell you a long sleeve bodysuit+hat with the slogan for 25 bucks. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm happy about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home