Friday, June 12, 2009

Work-Life Balance: Coming to an ER Near You

As important as I think straight-ahead at-home fatherhood is in reshaping what it means to be a dad, I believe that improved work-life balance for guys across the spectrum is every bit as important. Since I no longer have the On Balance outlet to use to spread the idea that workaholism ain't the best way to live, I hope you'll excuse this disgression.

One of the companies I work with just fired up their own blog, on managing emergency rooms. But what made me happiest was that the second post ever on that blog was about the lessons that older ER docs can learn from younger ones, who are more likely to look for work-life balance in the ER.

This "balance" thing is everywhere. And I couldn't be happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home