Wednesday, December 04, 2002

It's been a little while since I last posted, in part because dad-dom has been quiet and in part because I'm still recovering from the convention. I spent the 48 hours following the event writing ... and writing ... and rewriting ... trying to get the flavor of the conference and the people packed into a string of words. I think I was successful. I hope I was successful.

I thought I would write about a group of guys that was boldly striking a new path for fathers, a determined bunch of revolutionaries. Instead, I found myself in a roomfull of men committed to enjoying themselves and raising children in the best way they knew how. And while I'm sure that every one of the attendees believes that dadcare is an underused option, there was little talk of a national movement. They just wanted what was best for their children. It was refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home