Wednesday, October 08, 2003

It is quiet. It's almost eerie. The at-home dad media landscape has fallen largely silent. Of course, folks like Being Daddy are still posting (check out this BD instant classic). But all in all, there's not much to say. I should point out this brief bit on a gender studies program in Iowa. Dads get some ink, but it's not a very well-done story. It does raise an interesting question, one that I really haven't seen addressed: are gender studies programs focusing more on at-home dads? And if so, in what ways?

Overseas, we're getting more ink. Super-dad Bruce Stockler apparently had a piece published in the Times of London titled "I'm a stay-at-home dad, a pariah in the suburbs." Access to it, sadly, will cost money, but I will reward with beer anyone who can get me the text of the story ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home