Monday, July 26, 2004

I know I shouldn't even go here and validate Cathy Seipp's bizarro worldview in which women can't park, men can't raise children and guys with beards are to be viewed with great suspicion. But I will. She gave an interview last week with the equally nutty Men's World Online (links to CS's blog and MWO homepage omitted for philosophical/technical reasons) that included this great exchange between interviewer Bernard Chapin and Seipp:
BC: When thinking about the topic of stay-at-home dads, a bigger question must be asked and it is reflective of the black underbelly found in most radical social engineering projects. Is it possible for a woman to respect, and find attractive, a man who does not work or contribute materially to their family’s well-being?

CS: No.
There you have it. Catherine Seipp says it's impossible for a woman to respect an at-home dad. Given that Cathy speaks for herself -- and clearly not any of the women I know -- this is probably just as well.

Thanks to all who responded publicly and privately to my last post. I owe a lot of people a lot of beer ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home