Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Uh Oh. The pile of stuff to post on is growing, but things are calming down, so I should be better able to shovel it out to you in the days to come.

For starters, I ran across this bit from the UK suggesting that men may get a right to six months of paternity leave, which comes on top of the two weeks of paid leave they get. According to the Times, 60 percent of men take the paid leave. That's encouraging, I would think. Sounds like businesses are a bit upset about all of this, and if I have any readers on that side of the pond who can keep me posted on how this plays out, I'd be curious to keep up with it. Longtime readers know that I believe that getting men to take paternity leave is key in boosting the number of involved fathers (and at-home dads), so any move in the right direction, anywhere in the world, gets applause from RebelDad headquarters.

Look, I know most of you hate the parenting mags and their relentless mommy focus, but I have to (for the second month in a row) give a shout-out to Parents, which published snippets of Eric Snowdeal's blog about his micropreemie. The blog was (and is) fantastic, and I'm thrilled that Parents found the site and excerpted it. It's not a "mommy article" or a "daddy article": it's just a wonderful story with a happy ending. So check it out, or save the money and just read Eric's blog.

The same issue has some reviews of dad-oriented diaper bags, but I'll get to that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home