Monday, December 19, 2005

Forum Musings

Not long after I created the rebeldad.com forum reader TK pointed out that there already exists a large and frequently visited at-home dad forum at www.dadstayshome.com/dadforum. I have to confess that I hadn't been there in some time. The dadstayshome.com home page has the feel of an overambitious, under-updated page, so I'd assumed that things were pretty dormant there. Not so.

The most remarkable thing about the dadstayshome forum was its isolation -- that community seems utterly cut off from the Yahoo! groups/convention clustering of at-home dads, and it was obviously not on my radar screen. As far as I can tell, despite a community of 300+, no one there even mentioned the convention. So some cross-pollination would be in order.

So I'm in something of a bind. If readers here feel there's a distinct need for a rebeldad forum, I'll keep it. If not, I'll fold up and link to the dadstayshome.com one. Let me know in the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home