Friday, December 09, 2005

We made Wikipedia. A couple of years ago, someone asked me why I didn't up and start a Wikipedia page for at-home dads. My answer was less than encouraging: I didn't have the time to throw into such a project, and I wasn't entirely sure how to go about creating an encyclopedia piece on stay-at-home dads. What do you include?

But Green Bay dad Bruce Cantrall has taken up the challenge, and he this week established a page for "Stay At Home Dad". It will be interesting to see how the page evolves -- what gets included and what gets ignored -- and may even spur me to register and begin monkeying with this whole Wikipedia thing. I'm thrilled that Bruce is involved. We spent some time together at the convention, and he is one of the funniest of an already funny group. (Bruce's suggestion for revamping the convention? Figure out where the deadbeat dads schedule their convention, then challenge 'em to a hockey game.)

The glory (and -- especially lately -- the grand liability) is that anyone can edit the thing, so if you want to help Bruce out (or correct him), jump in there and try it out.

I'm always happy to see new SAHD resources come on line, and we can expect another major resource site to emerge in the next week or so, too. I'll keep you posted.

Apologies to those of you who read this via the RSS feed. The server change took the feed offline, but it's back now. Apologies. (Thanks to Chip for spotting the problem.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home