Friday, February 24, 2006

Media Roundup

It has been a busy season for dad-based stories, so I wanted to flag a couple of 'em here. The nice folks at the Contra Costa Times pulled together this look at at-home fatherhood. Nothing groundbreaking, but they do use the updated Census stats ...

The same nice folks are also reporting that Heath Ledger is planning to do the at-home dad thing for a while, too, letting partner Michelle Williams put her career first. Quoth Heath:
I'm going to try not to work at all this year and send Michelle out to bring in the cash. I'll be Mr. Mom. It's something that's very important to me -- something that every dad, if he can, should do his best to achieve.
I'll let Ledger off the hook for the Mr. Mom crack, and I'm thrilled he's recognizing the wonders of fatherhood.

Finally, a nominee for most interesting SAHD.

PS: Thanks for all the wonderful comments on the Darla Shine balkanization post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home