Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Quick Hits, Coming Attractions

The at-home dad news stream is a bit dry right now, but there are a couple of corners of the blogosphere worth peaking at. Jeremy over at Daddy Dialetic has a long post on SAHDs and identity and the future. I disagree with some chunks of it -- I don't think the numbers are a good way to analyze at-home dads, and I happen to believe that "Mr. Mom," is not the best term of art. And while dads are not pulling their weight at home, as Jeremy mentions, our share of the household labor continues to rise. But I agree that we're moving in the right direction, towards a world where parenting isn't a gendered concept.

One playground at a time.

Lest you think that I'm all about the rose-colored view of fatherhood, there is an interesting thread on SAHD burnout over at the forum at Dadstayshome.

Coming soon to a website near you: just a reminder that tomorrow at 1 p.m., I'll be on a Washington Post chat with Leslie Morgan Steiner. Also, watch for the rollout of a major new rebeldad.com feature (beta) tomorrow morning ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home