Thursday, March 15, 2007

Work-Life Policies: Fair and Balanced (Gender-Wise)

Just when I think I'd caught up on the American Prospect's huge Mother Load effort, Elizabeth over at Half Changed World notes that there's new, web-only information up there. So I'll get to that. At some point. But Elizabeth raises some good questions about whether "family friendly" policies end up exacerbating gender divisions. The answer -- as she points out -- is probably "yes." This is why corporate policies aren't enough ... we need to change the culture and get to a tipping point where it is more acceptible for men to take advantage of these policies. Despite my constant musing on the topic, I don't know how to get there other than highlighting guys who are thriving by doing the family friendly thing ... other suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home