Friday, June 15, 2007

Wise Words About Involved Fathering

Every once in a while, the folks behind my other endeavor, On Balance, run with something really extraordinary. Today is one of those days, with writer Joel Rose's musings on fatherhood for Dad's Day. Worth the read:

I'm not Mr. Mom. That's not how I look at myself. The boys have a mother. A wonderful mother. Circumstance dictates she works outside the home, I work in the home. We are parents together. I'm a father.

The world looks at a father who participates fifty-fifty in his child's upbringing as a hero. But I don't think of myself as a hero. I think of myself as privileged. I am privileged to be a father participating in my children's lives.

So true ...

[FYI: Having problems with the del.icio.us autoposts, so the posting of other interesting Father's Day stuff will come, just slower.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home