Tuesday, January 21, 2003

This is my official re-launch. I'll have more of an "about" section, explaining what I'm getting at by the site, later this week. The short version: I've been an at-home father for a year, and I have been captivated by the reaction of others. By our family's thinking, having the father stay home wasn't a radical decision -- it was the best choice given economics, temperment and family goals.

I've become curious about the other fathers that are my position -- regardless of how they made the decision to stay home -- and how society views those men. I hope to link to any media story about at-home fathers I can find and offer whatever analysis I can on research I dig up. On paper, at-home fathers hardly exist. There is little good research, few realiable statistics, no true national spokesman for the idea that men, too, are viable primary caretakers.

If you run across a link I may have missed or would like to bring some element of at-home fatherhood to my attention, please drop me a line at rebeldad@mostlysunny.com. Please note if you're willing to allow me to quote from your letter in this forum.

As at-home dad extraordinaire Hogan Hilling is fond of saying: Keep on Daddying,
The Rebel Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home