Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Lots of ground to cover, including an update on the great blog search, so let's begin with today's Dilbert (stay-at-home dads are "a total turn-on.)

And I missed it once (and I won't miss it now), but there was a New York Times story over the weekend about a entertainment PR type who is now an at-home dad. Leaving aside for a moment the fact that this has got to be the most self-promotional father in the country (the baby is a model, and he's worked himself into the Times, the CBS Sunday morning show and has a website of photos of his kid with famous people), it's nice to see the paper of record treat the subject so sweetly. Still, they focused exclusively on this one gentleman (who claims that he has a hard time finding other at-home dads) and give little context for the rest of us. It's a celebration, not a resource, but I'm not complaining.

Other quick links of note: this nice piece in the Federicksburg Free-Lance Star titled "In Praise of Fathers Who Care." And this piece from a regional parenting magazine titled "Today's Dads are First in their Class."

And finally, I've found some other dad blogs (they weren't as hidden as I'd made them out to be), and as far as I'm concerned, the authors are entitled to beer the next time they're in town. (Special bonus beer to MomBrain.com which a) links to Rebel Dad and b) links to other at-home dad blogs. MomBrain's mastermind pointed me to these other links).

Let's start with Being Daddy, a nice bit of work that gets the first person in there with some meta-analysis. Check out this post (on the above-linked NYT piece), and the comments attached on how best to answer the question: "Are you taking a day off?" And I'd like to point everyone to frenzied daddy, another well-done daddy-level slice of life.

As I get my act together, I'll make sure I've linked to those blogs on my left rail, and if the Rebel Dad denziens would visit my new cyber-friends, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home