Monday, March 29, 2004

All of a sudden there's lots to blog about. I'll get to what I can today and push the rest off to later this week ...

I can't resist starting with this Washington Post profile of WWE-wrestler-turned-action-hero The Rock. Key quote: "'It's great!' says The Rock, aka Dwayne Johnson. 'She has baby dolls and she has daddy dolls and they sit and drink tea and do little stuff together. It's funny. My doll and this one doll -- not Barbie, she's kind of puffy and stuff -- they're together like this . . '"

In short: real men play with dolls. (What a pleasure to see The Rock say this, the day after I discovered a new at-home dad blog that included this post. At least The Rock gets it.)

Along the same "real men" lines is this SF Chronicle review of a new booked called What Makes a Man. The short answer, according to the review, is there are plenty of "macho-man alternatives." Just ask The Rock.

Preview corner. Later this week, I'll get to this three-part Albany Times-Union package on childcare, including an at-home dad story. And I hope to respond a bit to Full Time Father's posting about how he no longer feels like an at-home dad evangelist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home