Tuesday, November 16, 2004

And I Think I Have It Bad: being a dad in a mom's world. Kudos to the New Orleans Times-Picayune for running this profile of Dale and Chris Liuzza. Dale and Chris really hate mommy-centrism, too:
On the video shelves, Dale notices the words "Moms' #1 Choice" on the cover of a "Baby Einstein" DVD and shakes his head in dismay.

"That really bothers me," Dale says. "Why can't it just say, 'Parents' No. 1 Choice'?"
Dale and Chris are gay parents, and, judging by the story, great parents. And I'd love to live in a world where only the latter matters.

Also: Florida at-home dad Ray Alzamora got his 15 minutes of fame on local TV: "'I think that a lot of people get caught up in the stereotypes, and I think that's unfortunate.'" Thanks, Ray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home