Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I considered writing a "Top 5 Stories of 2004" post earlier this month as a way to fill the news void around New Year's, but I never managed to summon the mental energy. If I had, however, there is no doubt that I would have given a prominent place to the American Academy of Pediatrics effort to get fathers involved in the healthcare of their children.

The report came out in May, but it's getting a second look after the Associated Press ran this story this week that was picked up everywhere. It's really no different than the 9-month-old Pittsburgh Post-Gazette piece that first alerted me to the report, but the fact that every paper in the land is now covering the report is great news. Involved fatherhood needs every supporter it can, and pediatricians are a great ally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home