Monday, January 16, 2006

Sitting in the Waiting Room

There's a lull in the at-home dad scene right now that I don't expect to last. There's a Details Magazine story that's due to drop. There's talk that slowlane.com, once one hell of a SAHD resource, may be restored. And I'm waiting for news on the convention, which was left in some limbo back in November.

All those stories focus in some way on the national scene, which probably the least important forum for most at-home dads. So while I wait, I've love to hear about local groups. If you've formed one that's *not* listed to the right, please let me know. If you're interested in connecting with other folks in your area to get something going, drop me a line or post in the comments below. I'd love to connect some rebeldad.com visitors to each other in the real world.

I'm also waiting ... on the resolution to the latest Desperate Housewives plot twist. Tom Scavo, the at-home dad, is unhappy. It looks like he'll be job hunting in next week's episode. Hard to place a value judgment on it yet -- however it works out, I will remain impressed that never once has Tom been shown to be anything but a capable father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home