Friday, January 06, 2006

Grab Bag Today

The number of small items has been piling up, so it's time to clearing my plate. For starters (and for your education), I should probably point out the existence of Parent Hacks, a new site dedicated to becoming a smarter, craftier and less stressed parent through tips and tricks. I'm ambivalent about the site, which is run by some real-life hackers from the tech publishing world. On the one hand, I think it's brilliant. On the other, I've weighed starting a similar site for the past six months, but have been stymied by that whole only-24-hours-in-a-day thing. (Thanks to Greg at Daddy Types.)

My podcasting has suffered because of the same 24-hours thing, but at-home dad Dan Klass of the Bitterest Pill is one a roll. Check out his latest press, a story in the LA-based Daily Breeze.

I'm taking a break from the whole opt-out mommy wars thing for a spell, but I wanted to pass along the link -- that I somehow missed last month --- to the Salon.com article titled "The Stay-At-Home Mystique."

And finally, coaching in labor doesn't work. I love to see conventional wisdom overturned by data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home