Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mapping Dads


map
Originally uploaded by Rebel Dad.
Today, the link to a new resource, the Stay-At-Home Dad Group and Playgroup Map has gone live. Using Google Maps, I have begun to overlay the location of all of the local at-home dad groups on my sidebar onto a U.S. map. The goal: make it easier than ever to find a group near you.

This is an incomplete map. My goal is to add playgroups to the reference as well, further expanding the choices for a father looking for an outlet. If you have a playgroup you would like to add, please email me at rebeldad+playgroup@gmail.com. Please include your name (optional), your contact e-mail (required), the frequency of the group ("once a month," "every Tuesday"), time (optional) and address (if you have privacy concerns, you may provide only the ZIP code).

This is also an effort that is still in beta. Please let me know of any technical problems. I hope to get all of the groups now listed in the sidebar onto the map within a week. If you know of a group I'm missing, please let me know.

As always, all other suggestions welcome.

(Special thanks to Google Maps EZ for providing the tools and Daddy Types' brilliant map for the inspiration.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home