Thursday, May 29, 2008

Austin: The Hottest Town in the U.S. (for SAHDs)

The hottest dads group in the country is apparently in Austin. In addition to their star turn on the Today Show, they've also been profiled by the Daily Texas, the student newspaper at the University of Texas. Part of the reason for the star billing is Aaron Rochlen, the nice-guy UT professor who has been hanging with these guys and blazing the trail of at-home dad research. Can't say the profile is wildly different than most, but I wanted to flag.

(I have to wonder if I should start putting a disclosure on posts like this: while I'm thrilled that these guys are getting validation and support and finding each other, I remain concerned that media stories that treat at-home dads like anomalies doesn't necessarily help the cause.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home