Saturday, February 21, 2009

Convention 2009, All Eyes on Omaha

It's hard to remember an At-Home Dad Convention planning process that had so much nailed down so quickly. I know I've talked about the location before (Omaha) and the date (October 10), but even the little things are coming together. 

The hotel is set (the Courtyard by Marriott, downtown), as is the meeting space (the Durham Museum) and the after-convention dinner (at the Upstream Brewery, in the Old Market). I have spent my fair share of time in Omaha, and in terms of location and convenience, things are looking great. Due to my move to the cornfields and my family connections to O-town, the odds of me making the trip are higher than they've been in years.

And if you're curious about the local dads who will be doing the work on the ground, check out this Omaha World-Herald piece from a couple of weeks ago. Mike is a great guy -- I've done the Omaha zoo with him before -- and this could really be a great event. More details are up at the convention site and at athomedad.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home