Thursday, June 17, 2004

Blogs are media, too, so let me take a moment to flag some noteworthy postings:

For starters, Peter Baylies has the scoop on what ABC is looking for in its new series Wife Swap. I've been planning a cynical, negative post on the show and its reinforcement of gender stereotypes, but Peter -- who actually appear to do real reporting and speak to actual human beings on the telephone before posting -- reports that the show is looking for some at-home dads, too. So let Peter know if you're interested in subjecting yourself to reality TV from the inside. I find it encouraging that ABC is looking at at least some men, but my hunch is that I'll still end up throwing up a negative post on the show. But I'll reserve judgment until I see the show ...

And Cathy Seipp, who got me all worked up yesterday, has posted her asinine column to her blog, where she is subject to the whims of her comment system. Check out the comments on her blog for a nice treat. (Also, thanks to Greg of Daddy Types for his Catherine Seipp timeline.)

In other blog news, Mike at Full Time Father says he liked Austin Murphy's "How Tough Could It Be, though he has his own cynical viewpoints on a couple of items, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home