Monday, December 20, 2004

I have a hard enough time squeezing the important stuff in at this time of year, so I’m not all that surprised that I managed to miss Bruce Willis’s True Dads show on Spike TV. (I did manage to catch Jim Chapa – commissioner of the famous at-home dad fantasy baseball league – on "Back to the Blueprint" on the History Channel this weekend.)

The reviews were mixed. Greg at Daddy Types asks if he was the only one who thought the show "kinda blew":
It was pretty serious Lifetime, almost like a Very Important Message some women felt men Need To Hear. And I've never seen a grimmer Bruce Willis annunciate more momentously: "It is not finding a fish, but it is finding the time...and the heart...that makes him a true dad."
Loyal reader Dayv, in the comments section to last week’s post, said he caught the end of the show and found it "very touching."

In the moving pictures department, I caught this piece in the NY Post on “Meet the Fockers,” the second installment of the Stiller/De Niro vehicle. Plot point worth noting: Dustin Hoffman, as Stiller’s dad, plays a lawyer-turned-at-home-dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home