Thursday, March 24, 2005

Continuing the clear out my pile of at-home dad media mentions. Across the pond, it looks like a huge chunk of men are taking the idea of paternity leave seriously. This story on PersonnelToday says that "nearly a third (31 per cent) of fathers-to-be intend to take more than a month off work after the birth of their child, while one in 12 said they hope to take in excess of four months off ..." The UK grants dads two weeks of paid leave, which means that one in three men take leave so seriously that the plan to take a financial hit. I have no idea what the historical numbers are, but my guess is that these are bigger.

Convention-goer Chad sent me this March Madness-themed piece from the Salt Lake Tribune on how dumb the dumb-guy advertising meme is. It's nicely done.

Finally, Kevin of I'm Not a Slacker sent along this St. Louis Dispatch piece. It integrates some of the stories of local at-home dads with a look at a Families and Work Institute report from last year that suggests that Gen Xers are more family-centric than previous generations. I plan to take a spin through the report; I can't be certain if that's something I've seen before.

That it for now ... I'll be flagging some new blogs next week, so if you should be in my blogroll and are not, shoot me an e-mail. And you *will* be getting a Rebel Dad Radio this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home