Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Attention Wives of Stay-At Home Dads: Men's Health is running an "All Star Dad Award" contest, which includes not just bragging rights for the winner, but a trip to NYC. A 100-word essay is required. Deadline is May 2.

While I'm on the subject of magazines ... Rebel Dad Radio listeners also heard me discuss my surprise at the last issue of Parents magazine, which included a piece titled "Can You Afford to Quit Your Job?" Naturally, I was sure that such a package was likely to utterly ignore men ... but flipping through the pages, I notice that three families who had gone the at-home route were featured -- including a stay-at-home dad (who, I must brag, often frequents the same playground as I). So kudos to Parents.

Of course, in the same magazine, there's a humor article featuring a "daffy dictionary" that "only moms could understand." That sort of headline isn't all that uncommon, but I felt bad for the author, who has the very non-mommy name of "Ron Kelly." The headline, I suppose, suggests that Ron Kelly (who I presume is a dad) doesn't really understand his own work. Kinda weird.

There's more to come this week as I get my act together ... thanks for all the Rebel Dad Radio feedback; I'll let you know where I decide to take the podcast later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home