Monday, May 02, 2005

Begone, dads! Quick confession: I knew nothing about Motherhood Project before I saw today's USA Today story about the 2,000-mom survey. I still know next to nothing (more posts to come, I'm sure!), but I did search the executive summary for "father." And I came up with this:
Mothers are nearly evenly split as to whether they want the father of their children more actively involved in their upbringing.
Mothers with lower incomes and fewer years of education are more likely to say they want greater father involvement. They also are less likely to be married, and they bear much more responsibility for both the day-to-day care of the children and the financial support of the family, so it?s not surprising they would call for more father involvement.
Seriously? 50 percent of women said they want dad less involved? This calls for some more investigation. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

Update: Oh yeah. There are some larger issues that I'll have to take on when I have more time. In short: I ain't impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home