Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A few quick hits this morning, but things are coming back into control. There was a pleasant surprise when I opened up my Washington Post Magazine on Saturday morning and found that the mag's "First Person Singular" space -- used to profile the famous and the interesting -- featured an at-home dad named Scott Anderson. I can't say his story is particularly different from a lot of dads, but it is refreshingly honest.

I've also had a lot of reader mail to help me out ... Dayv shot me out this BabyCenter piece on how to "end the chore wars" -- i.e. get your husband to do more around the house. Dayv thought it all a little silly, and I have to agree. Men are capable of cleaning. Women can parallel park. Can we move on?

Finally, I wanted to thank Mark, who has been a good sport in the comments threads, for sending me the text of a now-expired Chicago Tribune story on paid family leave. The upshot is that Illinois is considering pull a California and offering government-overseen paid leave, funded by a $1.50/worker weekly levy to be shared between worker and employer. Go Illinois ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home