Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bam. All of a sudden, there are all sorts of things I'd like to post about, and I feel like I have about zero time to type, let alone think. But I won't let the lack of thought deter me.

One of the items worth getting out there is a piece in next month's Parents titled "We Finally Found Great Child Care." The lead anecdote is slugged "We have daddy day care," and it is a nice bit about one family that made the stay-at-home dad thing work. Dad is an actor and model, which is kind of an interesting gig to do part-time, but the story meets my qualifications for thumbs-up: it presents at-home fatherhood as a reasonable solution to a common problem. No grandstanding, no gasps of shock. Just another option. Which is as it should be.

(While we're talking about Parents, can we do something about the "Dads" page? Don't get me wrong: I love that they devote a page of their editorial real-estate to dads. No one else does it. If they took it away, I'd scream and carry on and cancel my subscription. But still ... it appears every month to be nearly content-free, and the tone and item selection utterly fails to capture my interest. Is it just me?)

Coming Soon: more SAHD bloggers on the scene, following Daddy Types foray into attachment parenting and a couple new news stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home