Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A legend steps down. The news came today that theBeing Daddy blog is being (more or less) abandoned. It'll mark the end of one of the truly extraordinary blogs. When I launched this site almost three years ago, there was no stay-at-home father blogosphere. There was only Being Daddy. What made Being Daddy significant was not that it was the first of the daddy blogs, but that it was the best of the daddy blogs. Brian was heartfelt when writing about his family, spot-on when writing about fatherhood in general and hilarious when writing his satire posts. He'll be missed.

I should say that I understand Brian's motivation. I have avoided personal posting here for the same reason Being Daddy will no longer chronicle life around the house. And I have to admit that my passion for blogging the same old daddy issues wanes as I settle into the gig. (But never fear: I'll continue to repeat the same old rants, with as much zip as I can muster.)

If you entered the whole blog-surfing world too recently to have been a regular Being Daddy reader, you'd be well-advised to go and play in the archives over there for a couple of hours. And if you're interested in beginning daddy blogging yourself, you might want to take notes. It's great stuff.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home